Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Before and after of a DIY baby dresser/changing table!!!

Hey hey!!!

So did I ever mention to you all that my hubster is a bad ass when it comes to transforming things?  Well we both knew we wanted to go antiquing and find a dresser that was cheap and that we could re do and paint.  I was not a fan of spending an arm and a leg on a faux wood dresser that would fall apart and lacked originality.  So…here are some photos of the transformation of our baby girl's dresser/changing table!!!!

Before…only 98 buckaroos for this gem.  Solid wood!!!  Cannot beat that!

My hubby's hard working elbow grease removed/stripped and sanded….

And after….this dresser is so precious now, and looks brand new.   We just had to replace the dresser handles and picked out the perfect color for us.  And plenty of space!

This pic is just to show you the hand stenciled paint job that my hubster also did…her initials.  Still gives me goosies.  We love you already baby girl and cannot wait to have you in our arms.

Next on the agenda is to get her nursery all set up.  I am sure that will start in the next week or two.  

Have a great day peeps,
Dinah xo


5 comments:

  1. That is an amazing transformation! Looks fantastic! My husband tends to go the route of "I'll just build it myself" which is also awesome, but I'm always in awe of a good reuse like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh this turned out so great - love it! and i love refinishing old pieces and then having a unique piece.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of hard work. I saw them do this on HGTV. Lol. I love the pop of color. Awesome way to restore old furniture!

    Erika
    www.gogogirlfit.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and emails bring me so much sunshine!!!! I appreciate all your support!! xo