I am currently relaxing on our new sectional sofa and it's great!!! Will post pics once I have added the appropriate embellishments (winky wink)!!! Anywho, I am sure many of you who are mommies had a list of things or pre pregnancy routines they would look forward to after they delivered their bundle of joy. Not to be negative, but you all have to allow me to let this out. Just because I am complaining doesn't mean I do not appreciate that I have had a pretty easy pregnancy thus far, but I have had probably every annoying symptom of pregnancy, and I am ready for it to be done. I feel like I am about to break in half…she is taking over my body like an alien. I hurt all over, I often cannot sleep at all due to the heartburn and having to urinate every 10 mins, and the pressure and pain in my pelvic region feels like I have been riding on an old 80's ten speed bicycle for probably about 100 years….no joke!!! Add walking to that pressure….it's not fun! Anyway I guess my biggest thing is this…please do not tell me that I should be grateful or to stop complaining "at least you can experience it"….. it makes me want to scream! If I told all of you that this experience has been the most beautiful and I loved every minute, is a complete lie.
I am determined to get back what I once loved and experience the following…
1. My skinny jeans. (I spent hard earned moola on some expensive ones and I will get back into them).
2. Being able to sleep on my stomach ( I realize my sleep will be limited for some time after our lil girl arrives, but even if I can sleep on my stomach for a couple hours at a time, will be worth it)
3. Running again…I cannot wait to start my running journey back up again. I decided to take a hiatus when I became pregnant because for one I was vomiting so badly in the beginning and I just was paranoid of overdoing if incase I was high risk or anything risky in general. I plan to run another half marathon next year and I cannot wait to train!
4. Having a cocktail or a delicious craft beer I enjoy cuddling on the couch with my hubster and just enjoying each others company and sharing a bevy. Or sharing a glass of vino with a BFF….those are good times I tell ya!
5. This is funny, but I want to be able to clean my house in record time. Now, I am lucky if I can scrub a toilet without feeling winded and having to lie on the couch after every move. Or to just be able to complete common tasks without wanting to crawl in the fetal position due to the pressure of my belly, LOL!!!
Those are just a few, but friends believe me when I say this. I know mommy hood will be wonderful, I know that all I have been experiencing will all be forgotten when she comes into this world. I cannot wait for my hubby and I to be parents and to share this together.
Have a swell day peeps,