Thursday, August 29, 2013

Liquid foundation...friend or foe?? (And small product review)

Good morning all you fabulous peeps!!!

So for years I have always worn powder foundation/dual coverage pressed foundation because I have always had oily/problematic skin.  The last few months or so I have been so eager and ready to take on a new foundation and wanted to lean towards a liquid perhaps because I am no longer in my 20's and think for a 30 something woman I should try something a little more friendly for my ever changing skin.  I guess for so long I have been cautious and nervous to wear liquid foundation on my skin because of all the issues I have dealt with in the past.  I have done makeup on many ladies for weddings and special events and have always loved using liquid for them, but why not me??!!!

I went to Sephora and actually was able to have the fabulous lady there match my skin tone with their new state of the art Sephora-Pantone Color IQ service.  She took this little camera device and put it up to my skin and what it does is pinpoint and matches your skin tone to over 1,500 foundations in store or online so you will never be left wearing the wrong shade of foundation ever again!  Isn't that neat?   If you do not have the time to venture in to one of their locations, try it out online!  And if you use a specific shade already from there or another brand that they carry and you have purchased elsewhere you can still find a match.

My match number is 3R05 and since I wanted to try a liquid foundation this time she matched me with Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 in Cream Whip

I absolutely am in love with this foundation...I feel like now I have a "glow" and no more cakey matted down makeup.  She applied the foundation with their Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush foundation brushes in numbers 55 and 56 and I liked them however they are not cheap ($34.00 a piece holy moly)  and after trying at home I decided that using a cheaper sponge or my fingers I have a much better result.  I returned those bad boys in exchange for makeup that I love or have been dying to buy!

I highly recommend you trying out this color IQ service at Sephora if you haven't already done so, its free and you will end up surprised at what your tone actually comes out to be! 

Now, I cannot believe I am finally going to be getting my hands on this popular eye makeup palette.  For probably a year or so I have always been curious but never wanted to purchase.  I ordered for my early birthday present the Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette.  I know many of you have used this and LOVED!!  I thought about the original naked palette but those colors weren't catching my eye as much as the Naked 2.  Cannot wait to use my friends!!


Well stay tuned folks, I will be posting some before and after shots of the antique dresser we found for a steal at 98 bucks for our baby girl's room!!!  My hubby is going to be completely stripping (oooh la la) hehe and re painting this piece, its going to look amazing!!!

Peace xo,
Dinah



6 comments:

  1. I got the naked pallet last week too!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool concept!! I just recently made the switch to liquid foundation and love it. Definitely the right move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, your skin is looking fab! The Clinique is a winner!! Can't wait for you to get your Naked 2!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that foundation! It was all I wore when I worked for Clinique and it actually worked about a year of wear and no more acne scars!

    Marissa
    www.makeuphoarder.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be nice of you to have swatches! flash and no flash...I really need the help

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and emails bring me so much sunshine!!!! I appreciate all your support!! xo