Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars faves for 2013

Hello my pals!!!

So, as promised I wanted to post my favorite looks of the oscars last night!  I started by pouring a glass of delicious cabernet and took notes so I would not miss out!  I tuned in to E! to watch all the arrivals and I was drooling haha!!!  I wish I could be a part of such a worldly event, I would want to do it all.  Style the stars, the makeup and of course the HAIR!!!!   I was in awe at some of the old holly wood sleek styles last night.  Just so beautiful that I may have shed a tear at some point ;-)   Ok, so here are my faves from the evening.

Jessica Chastain looked to die for!  Her gorgeous Giorgio Armani gown, her soft and sleek curls, and those RED LIPS!!!  I could not stop looking at her.  If there could be an oscar for best dressed, she would get my vote hands down!   Oh Jessica, you glamtastic thing you ;-)  hehe.

Kerry Washington was so beautiful!  Her bright and bold Miu Miu gown was such a stunner, not to mention her Prada clutch and jewels by Fred Leighton.  Loved the details of the bodice and how it just made her makeup and skin pop!  High Five Kerry, if you ever wanted to lend me that gown that would be amazing!

Amanda Seyfried's dress gave me goosebumps, literally. Her Alexander McQueen gown was so gorgeous, all the details and the neckline was just spectacular!  Loved her up do, it went hand in hand with her gown. She is such a natural beauty!  

Sandra Bullock looked soooo good!  Her cap sleeve Elie Saab dress along with her Harry Winston jewels were a sight for sore eyes!!!!  She never seems to age or change, she always looks beautiful!  Sandra, your the bomb!

Amy Adams's Oscar de la Renta gown was exquisite!  Loved the beaded bodice and the tulle-embellished skirt.  She looked so angelic and classic!  Her hair was perfect for that dress!!!  I give her the sunshine super glam stamp of approval for sure!
 

 

I was disappointed in a few of the looks last night.  I had high expectations for Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence.  Both of their looks were just okay.  I didn't like Jennifer Lawrence's hair or gown.  As a hair stylist I paid close attention to her hair and I could literally see hair pins sticking out of her hair in the back....I kept thinking, that is crazy!   Her dress kind of reminded me of a wedding cake (LOL)!!!  Some of you may disagree and that is completely fine.  We are all entitled to our opinions.   Anne Hathaway's prada dress really did not do anything for me....it just wasn't what I imagined her wearing as a Oscar nominee.  She has worn much better gowns at past award shows, that I just envisioned a knock out amazing dress and she didn't look the part to me.

My favorite part of the evening was the "Les Miserables" performance.  I always get teary eyed because that musical brings back so many memories of high school and performing it in choir.

Anywho, that's all I have for now!!!   I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

Love ya,
Dinah xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Hands down Jessica Chastain killed it! Just gorgeous!! I agree about Anne Hathaway. The seaming on her dress at the chest was so unattractive. And her hair was just there. :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Amanda Seyfried's dress and hair. Her look was by far my favorite of the night. I loved Sandra Bullock's dress but wasn't wowed by the hair. It was just alright. I also thought Stacy Keebler looked amazing. Her dress, her hair, everything. Salma Hayek looked incredible! I was disappointed in Anne Hathaway also. Her dress was just so so and I kept thinking that she needed to put the high beams away. Haha! Those pleats were in the totally wrong place. Another favorite was Jennifer Garner, but she always looks good. Did you see Kristen Stewart?? She looked rough. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and emails bring me so much sunshine!!!! I appreciate all your support!! xo