Friday, March 8, 2013

Music makes my world go round-my Friday playlist

Fa Fa Fa Friday!!!  Fa Fa Fa Friday!!!  HA!!!

Happy Friday to all my peeps!!!

I am starting a Friday tradition on Sunshine Super Glam.  Gonna post my music favorites of the week!!  Again, the playlists are not going to necessarily be new music, just songs that I am diggin for the week!

Let the tradition begin ;-)

1. Bill Withers- Lovely Day
This classic 1977 R&B hit never gets old in my eyes.  The beat and the lyrics always brighten up my day.  If you have never heard this tune, take a moment to listen to the lyrics, its pretty special ;-)

2. Kid Cudi- Day n Nite
This song is my jam!!!  I play this on repeat when I am workin on my fitness! He's my witness!

3. Daft Punk- Face to Face
This song is one of many awesome tunes from their second album "Discovery".  Such an amazing album! Reminds me of my high school days...

4. Beastie Boys-Fight For Your Right
TO PARRRRRRRRRRRTY!!!  Enough said ;-)  Don't you agree?

5. Radiohead-There There
This song is probably my favorite Radiohead song and is featured on their 2003 album "Hail to the Thief."

6. Best Coast- Our Deal 
This song is amazing!  Best Coast is amazing!  A surf pop band from California!!! Every time I listen to this song or just the artist I imagine I am surfing and laying on the beach!  This music video is amazing because Drew Barrymore actually directed this video, its super cool!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvUtidZkqw4   Also, if you live in Richmond this band is coming to the National!!!!  Yes I ain't lying, I think I am going!  http://www.thenationalva.com/events/detail/best-coast

7. Joss Stone- Less is More
This young lady can sing!!!  She has the pipes of a true soul sista!!!  This song is off her second album "Mind, Body and Soul"!  Check her out!

8. The Rolling Stones- Jumpin Jack Flash
Gotta love some Mick Jagger and this tune is so rad!!

9. Spoon- Don't You Evah
Spoon is an incredible indie rock band, love their upbeat jams!!!!

10. Siouxsie and the Banshees- Hong Kong Garden (version from the Marie Antoinette motion picture soundtrack)  This song is the shit!  It's punk rock, glamorous, sexy and probably my favorite song off this soundtrack....Here is a little snippet from the movie with this song :-)

Hope you enjoy!!  Have a fabulous weekend all,

xoxo Dinah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and emails bring me so much sunshine!!!! I appreciate all your support!! xo